Halloween is right around the corner and if you are looking for a way to stay on track while others are indulging on candy and other sugary treats check these out!
1. Devil Eggs- These deviled eggs live up to their name thanks to the edible eye and horn garnishes. Use pimento cheese to hold your garnishments together. Green olives for the eyes and pimentos to give your eggs that devilish look.
2. Apple Nachos- Slice red or green apples, layer them up and then drizzle melted peanut butter and dark chocolate over the top. Add chopped walnuts for an extra touch if you would like.
3. Candy Corn Parfaits- This is the cutest snack ever. Take your cup and layer the bottom with pineapples then mandarin oranges and top with vanilla yogurt! YUM!
4. Spooky Fruit Kabobs- Take grilling skewers and load them up with your favorite fruit and marshmallows. If you are feeling really fancy find some honey dew and draw Frankenstein.
5. Skeleton Veggie Tray- For a frightening twist on a typical boring veggie tray. Arrange the vegetables to look like a skeleton.
6. Boo-nanas- Take bananas and cut them in half! Add chocolate chips to create the ghost face.
7. Pumpkin Patch- Peel tangerines or cuties and use celery as the stem.
8. Monster teeth- Sliced green apples with peanut butter and yogurt covered raisins. Add a sliced strawberry for the tongue. Look at that smile!
9. Franken- Avo Toast- My second favorite recipe of the bunch. Take whole grain bread toast it. Spread with avocado. Use red pepper, black olives, and sliced radishes for the garnishments.
10. Mummies in a blanket- a Halloween twist on a traditional party snack. Add some googly eyes to the hot dogs to make them look like mummies.
Hope you all enjoy these healthy suggestions. If anyone makes some post pictures in the facebook group. Happy Halloween!